Two short weeks after being diagnosed with terminal Stage 4 liver cancer, Charlie passed away peacefully on March 11, 2019 with his family at his side. After his passing, a memorial fund was created in his name.
Charlie Karp Memorial Fund
Fairfield County's Community Foundation
Due to the virus, the endeavor of allocating a scholarship has been postponed, Updates to come when applicable.
Throughout his career, Charlie always considered charities to be important. He would often lend his support in many ways, including donating his time by performing for various causes. Following is a list of some of the charitable organizations he supported:
- Paul Newman’s Hole in the Wall Foundation
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- St. Vincent's SWIM Across the Sound
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (New Haven, CT)
- Operation Hope (Fairfield, CT)
- Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut (New Haven, CT)
- Charitable Giving Through Music (created by Charlie Karp and Bruce Carter, www.cgtm2016.com)
- COPE Foundation's Camp Erin
Photo Credit © John Halpern / Red Parlor Records